Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password

· Register
· Lost Password
Server Date/Time
25 June 2017 05:20:41 UTC (GMT +0)

BASH! - Basic Action Superheroes: Forums

BASH - Basic Action Super Heroes :: View topic - Pushing people without using the push power?

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pushing people without using the push power?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BASH - Basic Action Super Heroes Forum Index -> BASH Ultimate Edition Rules
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xBlackWolfx
Mystery Man
Mystery Man

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:16 am    Post subject: Pushing people without using the push power? Reply with quote

Obviously this is something that most all characters can do, but I can't find any info about it in my pdf (at least, I can't with the 'search' function).

In actual play on this site, there's a scene where a guy is fighting a henchman with an obviously high soak value on top of a moving vehicle. And since he already determined that he couldn't harm the guy, he decided to just knock him off the vehicle!

I don't think the character had the 'push' power (it seemed to be based off of the 'wild warrior' build). But shouldn't all characters have the ability to 'push' someone?

The push power doubles your DM for the sake of determining knockback. If I had a player who wanted to push someone, I would just have them roll for their melee DM or brawn and treat that as knock-back. But I would kind of like an official answer.

If you care to know the actual play where I read this scene, it was in the 'astounding ocelot' thread. Here's the link:
[url]
http://bashtalk.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=406[/url]
BASHMAN
All-Father of Bash!
All-Father of Bash!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are correct that you can just use the Damage roll as Knock-Back if the person just wants to push. However if they are trying to push without causing damage, I would give them a major bonus (+3 Dice Bonus or +1 Multiplier Bonus, player's choice) for how much knock-back it does, since they are electing to do 0 damage instead of doing damage AND getting to do knock-back.
xBlackWolfx
Mystery Man
Mystery Man

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. You do have a point. If a normal attack can cause knock-back, then why just ignore the damage if you're only going for a push effect? The bonus shouldn't be as high as the push power, since of course that would render the ability kinda useless unless you wanted range or burst. A major bonus makes perfect sense!

Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BASH - Basic Action Super Heroes Forum Index -> BASH Ultimate Edition Rules All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: