Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password

· Register
· Lost Password
Server Date/Time
17 December 2017 06:19:10 UTC (GMT +0)

BASH! - Basic Action Superheroes: Forums

BASH - Basic Action Super Heroes :: View topic - "Energy" blasts and Versatile?

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Energy" blasts and Versatile?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BASH - Basic Action Super Heroes Forum Index -> BASH Ultimate Edition Rules
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpaceMonkey
Sidekick
Sidekick

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:20 am    Post subject: "Energy" blasts and Versatile? Reply with quote

Hi All, just a quick query.

I understand that if you put Versatile on a Special Attack you can split the points between Attack, Damage and Range/Area. Now, as there are only a maximum of 5 points that can be split, are you allowed to buy (for example) a 5-point Special Attack, plus 2 points for a Medium Range, then place Versatile on it for 8 points?

If you did this, would you be restricted to only changing the Accuracy and Damage of the attack, or could you add points to the Range too?

Using the example above, I have an 8-point power of which 5 of those points are "Versatile". I spend 2 of my 5 points to increase the Accuracy, 1 point to increase damage, and a further 2 points to push the range from Medium up to Extreme. Is this allowed or is the range fixed at Medium?

Thanks in advance!
fairytalejedi
Hero
Hero

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the Variable enhancement you'd use, not the Versatile advantage (two different things).

If you have Special Attack 5 [enhancement: variable] you can split those 5 points any way you want, between range, area, damage and attack bonuses, each time you use the power.

So you could do Range 5 (1 point), +1 attack (1 point), +3DM (3 points)

Then the next panel you could do Mid range (2 points), small burst (1 point), +2DM (2 points)

And so on. I hope this helps.
SpaceMonkey
Sidekick
Sidekick

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, my mistake. I knew the Enhancement I meant, just forgot what it was called Very Happy

As I mentioned in my original post, I understand how you split the points, but can you also buy range to it so you can apply more of the variable points to hit or damage?

And if so, can you add any of the variable points to the Medium range you purchased?

My main reasoning behind this is I want a Blast power that has a minimum range of Medium, but I don't want to have to waste 2 of my 5 variable points to get it. So can I buy:

Special Attack 5 (Variable, Range: Medium) for 8 points?

If so, can I use some of those variable points to increase my Medium range to Long or Extreme?

It's hard to put what I mean into words but thats the best I can do... Sad
fairytalejedi
Hero
Hero

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I see. Yes, I've seen that done. I don't know if Bashman does that in his home game, but you can certainly do it in yours. You wouldn't be the first. Smile
BASHMAN
All-Father of Bash!
All-Father of Bash!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do allow that in my own game; and in fact, I am adding clarification on this in Awesome Powers VOL 4. (Now in proofreading stage).

The way it works is Variable 1 works just exactly as written in the book (you can just keep calling it "Variable"). Variable 2 means you have Variable and 1 point set aside for Range / Area. Variable 3 means you have 2 points set aside for Range / Area, etc.
SpaceMonkey
Sidekick
Sidekick

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! Sounds good to me!

Thanks for the replies guys, I really appreciate your input.
MrJupiter
Cosmic Hero
Cosmic Hero

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BASHMAN wrote:
I do allow that in my own game; and in fact, I am adding clarification on this in Awesome Powers VOL 4. (Now in proofreading stage).

The way it works is Variable 1 works just exactly as written in the book (you can just keep calling it "Variable"). Variable 2 means you have Variable and 1 point set aside for Range / Area. Variable 3 means you have 2 points set aside for Range / Area, etc.

That's great. I have a number of characters with extra range qualifiers pre-purchased and now Variable 2 or 3 will help clarify those distinctions.
fairytalejedi
Hero
Hero

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Awesome Powers 4 sounds good doesn't it? Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BASH - Basic Action Super Heroes Forum Index -> BASH Ultimate Edition Rules All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: